This year at GRACE we would like to make better use of the corporations that have a philanthropic focus and maximize how purchases made by our GRACE community can have a bigger impact on our annual fund.Both affinity (give back) programs and corporate gift matching programs allow GRACE to benefit from purchases and donations you are already making. This year, we would like to emphasize the value of your participation in these programs and increase the funds raised from under $3,000 last year to $20,000 this year.
Affinity programs rebate a percentage of your purchase to the charity of your choice. In addition to amazon.com, almost all the local grocery stores participate in some sort of give back program. If you have not already done so this year, take a moment to use the instructions listed below to link your account to GRACE. Note: Most grocery store programs require families to relink your account each school year. You can also download No Effort Fundraising if you would prefer a hard copy of the information below.
Amazon – smile.amazon.com
- AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon that lets customers enjoy the same wide selection of products, low prices, and convenient shopping features as on Amazon.com. The difference is that when customers shop on AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com), the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to the charitable organizations selected by customers.
- Select GREATER RALEIGH AREA CHRISTIAN EDUCATION, INC. to designate GRACE as your charitable organization.
Harris Teeter – Together in Education
- Harris Teeter’s Together In Education program gives schools a chance to earn funds when you link your VIC card and shop Harris Teeter brands. There are NO LIMITS to how much a school can earn.
- Link your VIC card to GRACE by selecting 2768 GRACE CHRISTIAN SCHOOL RALEIGH on the Harris Teeter Together in Education Webpage.
- Note: You MUST re-link every year!
Kroger – Community Rewards Program
- Year after year, local schools, churches and other nonprofit organizations will earn millions of dollars through Kroger Community Rewards. Kroger Community Rewards makes fund-raising easy..all you have to do is shop at Kroger and swipe your Plus Card!
- Link your Kroger card to GRACE by selecting 82226 Grace Christian School on the Kroger Community Rewards Webpage.
- Note: You MUST re-link every year!
- With Cart to Class, Lowes Foods designated schools will be rewarded based on the amount of Lowes Foods Private Label items you purchase.
- Select GRACE from the eligible school list on the Lowe’s Back 2 Schools website.
- Through Publix Partners, all purchases made at Publix will help earn money for our school. For every $37,500 spent cumulatively by GRACE families, Publix will award GRACE $250.
- Pick up a Publix Partner bar code card at either campus reception desk and scan it at check out.
Box Tops for Education
- Each box top is worth 10¢ for our school! Look for the pink Box Tops on hundreds of products, clip, and submit to either campus office.
- No registration or linking is required, although you can earn bonus box tops by joining on the Box Tops website. Search for 27606 (swipe left to see the full list of schools) and select GRACE.
Corporate Gift Matching
Many corporations match donations made by employees to a wide range of nonprofits, to support employee charitable giving, and to extend corporate philanthropy.
Matching donations, or matching gifts, are free money that nonprofits often miss out on because of limited information on donors’ employers, complex corporate giving programs, and because the corporate matching process is usually unknown for employees.
In light of this, GRACE now subscribes to a service named Double the Donation to make it easier for GRACE families to find out if their companies provide corporate gift matching. Go to https://doublethedonation.com/gracechristianschool to locate your company and links to instructions and forms to multiply the donation you already plan to make to GRACE. Below is a partial list of the top employers in the Raleigh-Durham area that have gift matching programs:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of NC
- Branch Banking & Trust (BB&T)
- Citrix Systems
- Credit Suisse
- Duke Energy
- Eli Lilly & Company
- Fidelity Investments
- Merck & Company
- Red Hat, Inc.
- SAS Institute
- Time Warner and Subsidiaries (Synapse, Time, Turner, Warner Bros)
- United Airlines
- Wells Fargo & Company
- Xerox Corporation