Dear Lower Campus families,
I hope you all enjoyed a fun-filled and memorable summer with family and friends and that you are ready to kick off the 2021-22 school year. I can hardly wait to see you and your children again!
While you have been away, our facilities team has been hard at work preparing for the upcoming year. We have completely renovated the classroom storage in our TK and first-grade classrooms, and our TK class will have brand new tables for the students, which will allow for a whole new level of flexible seating and collaboration. Our roof has been completely replaced, and we have ordered some additional seating for the area out back next to our outdoor learning space and garden. We hope these items will arrive and be available for use in the next couple of weeks. We are so grateful for our facilities team and the work they have done this summer and we thank you for making these renovations possible through your charitable gifts to our Annual Fund.
Other purchases made possible by your generous donations to the Annual Fund include: CleverTouch Interactive Boards in all TK-4th grade classrooms, Smart TVs in the 5th- and 6th-grade classes, and individual keyboards for all students in grades 4-6 to be issued along with their iPads. We have also adopted a brand new Bible-based curriculum, called Friendzy, to help us equip students with the social and emotional skills needed to build connections that will help them succeed in school and in life. This curriculum is aligned with the national social and emotional learning (SEL) competencies we began using as our standard in the elementary grades last year. It will be implemented in every classroom on the Lower Campus this year and will be the key resource utilized in our new Global Citizenship enrichment class.
While they have been away, our teachers have also taken some time to begin preparing for the new school year. Each of them has read Stonestreet and Kunkle’s A Practical Guide to Culture, which we will be discussing as a faculty over the course of the next several weeks. Many teachers have also taken advantage of other professional development opportunities in the form of webinars, conferences, and workshops. Aside from these activities, they have been busy with the usual planning and preparation of curriculum timelines and enhancements for the upcoming school year, and they have lots of valuable learning experiences planned for your children.
Summer is always a busy time for the leadership team and one of the most important things we do during this season is to prayerfully consider staffing. The Lord has sent us some amazing new faculty and staff members for the coming school year, and He has made a way for some returning team members to utilize their gifts and talents in new ways at GRACE. A comprehensive list of new additions and changes is provided below.
Meet our Newest Faculty and Staff Members...
Please welcome the following individuals to GRACE:
- Ashley Williams - Lower Campus Assistant Principal
- Christina Marrow - Lower Campus Receptionist
- Kat Whelpley - Intervention Teacher and Assistant Christian Life Director
- Kristin Davis - 1st Grade Teacher
- Ashley Fielhauer - 2nd Grade Teacher
- Crystal Holladay - 2nd Grade Teacher
- Leanne Fielhauer - 3rd Grade Teacher
- Leslie Fielhauer - 4th Grade Teacher
- Michaela Arnold - 6th Grade Math and Pre-Algebra Teacher
- Ginger Teachey - TK Instructional Assistant for Mrs. Murphy
- Sara Miriello - Kindergarten Instructional Assistant for Mrs. Kaluka
- Caroline Vick- 1st Grade Assistant for Mrs. Davis
- Vickilyn Gill - 3rd Grade Assistant for all three classes
- Molly Church - After Care Staff Member
Please note the following individuals moving into new positions this year:
- Amy Savage - Kindergarten Teacher
- Sarah Messick - 1st Grade Teacher
- Karen Harrison - 6th Grade Spanish Teacher
- Lorna Lodholz - 1st Grade Assistant and Admissions Assistant
- Katie Roof - 1st Grade Assistant and Global Citizenship Enrichment Facilitator
Beginning a New Year - Save the Dates!
Teachers have returned to work this week and they are preparing their classes for their students. They have also begun praying for each child by name. Thank you so much for the opportunity to partner with you in educating your children and equipping them for a life that will impact their world for Jesus Christ. What an honor and a blessing it is to work with you in this endeavor.
Please be sure to mark your calendars now for the following events:
- Meet the Teacher - 2:00-4:00 pm
- Tuesday, August 10th - Last names A-H
- Wednesday, August 11th - Last names I-O
- Thursday, August 12th - Last names P-Z
- Staggered Entry Early Release Days
- Wednesday, August 11th - Last names A-H
- Thursday, August 12th - Last names I-O
- Friday, August 13th - Last names P-Z
- First full day of school - Monday, August 16th
- Parent Orientation - Monday, August 16th
- 6:30-7:15 - TK, Kindergarten, 2nd Grade, 4th Grade
- 7:30-8:15 - 1st Grade, 3rd, Grade, 5th Grade, and 6th Grade
Our theme for this year is Good News, based on 1 Corinthians 15:1. While we pray that the Lord blesses us with a year full of all sorts of good news, may we never forget, regardless of the circumstances, that we should always find joy in the good news of the gospel, for we have been saved by grace through the blood of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!
In closing, I want to remind you to always feel free to reach out with any questions you may have. We are here to help and we are looking forward to seeing you soon!
Warmest regards and blessings,