Before & After Care
Links to Registration Forms
*For Lower Campus (TK-6th) ONLY per COVID Policy*
Parents can drop off their students at 7:40am and from there the students will proceed to their classroom.
After Care Closings
These dates apply for Both Campuses unless noted otherwise.
- August 11-13 (Early dismissal days; pick-up is required at 11:45 am)
- September 6
- November 11
- November 22 - 26
- December 20 - January 4
- January 17
- February 21
- April 11 – April 18
- All days where School is closed and not in session: Holidays or Vacation Days
After Care: Lower Campus (TK-6th) Campus
After Care for Grades TK-6th will be directed by Ms. Kati Montague. After Care is available from 3-6pm when school is in session, on early dismissal days, and on teacher in-service days, beginning August 16, 2021 (closings for After Care are noted above).
The Lower Campus does not offer a Daily Drop-In option, you must be registered for the 3 - or 5 - day program.
After Care closes for the year at 6 pm on:
- Thursday, May 26, 2022 for TK, Kindergarten
- Friday, May 27, 2022 for 1st - 6th Grade
After Care Policies Lower Campus (TK-6th):
- Homework: Our After Care coordinators do their best to schedule a quiet time and place each day for homework. We cannot guarantee homework will be done by the time you pick your child up, but we will encourage your child to work on their assignments.
- Sickness: If a student becomes ill during After Care, they must be picked up when an After Care coordinator calls you. The same sick policy that applies to the school day also applies to After Care.
- Snacks: Please make sure you pack your child an extra snack and water bottle each day, in a separate bag, just for After Care.
- Pick-Up: During COVID, please pull up to the front entrance and call the After Care Number 919-523-3635. Your Student will be brought to your car at the front entrance. A late fee of $1 per minute is charged for pick up after 6 pm. Please be respectful of our After Care employees’ time.
- Half-Days: After Care will be available on most early dismissal days (11:45 am-6 pm).
- Daily Drop-In: There is NO Daily Drop-In option for the Lower Campus at any time.
- Payment & Fees: Monthly fees will be paid through your FACTS account each month.
If you need to contact After Care between 3-6 pm,
please call the After Care number: 919-523-3635.
After Care: Upper Campus (7th-12th)
Students are expected to bring something to work on, read, and do quietly to After Care as there are no scheduled activities. This is a great opportunity to work on homework, get projects completed, or get ahead on required reading.
After Care Policies Upper Campus (7th-12th):
- Regular School Days: After Care on the Upper Campus is available from 3:30-6pm.
- Early Dismissal Days: After Care is only available for those students who are registered for the 3- or 5-day program. (Please note: The Daily Drop-In rate is NOT available for early dismissal days.)
- Daily Drop-In: There will be a $20.00 fee per day per student for Daily Drop-In use (up to 1 ½ hours). The Daily Drop-In rate is NOT available for early dismissal days.
- Payment & Fees: Monthly fees will be paid through your FACTS account each month. A late fee of $1 per minute is charged for pick-up after 6pm. Please be respectful of our After Care employees’ time.
COVID After Care Procedures
*** These procedures are from the 2020-2021 school year and are likely to change some for the 2021-2022 school year. They will be updated as soon as possible.
After Care strives to provide a safe and loving environment for your child(ren) after the school day is done. This year, more than ever, we will be paying extra close attention to cleanliness and safe COVID practices.
Each child will have his/her temperature checked before being signed in to After Care for the afternoon. Any student who has a fever (above 100.0°) will not be allowed to enter the After Care classroom, and a parent will be notified to come pick them up immediately. During this COVID time, a student with a fever can not return to school until they are fever-free for 24 hours.
The rooms being used for After Care will be cleaned before students are allowed to enter and will be cleaned again upon the completion of the day. We will also be diligent to clean between activities as needed. Each child will have their own designated space to store their personal belongings in, be it a cubby, locker, or bin. This will be their own area to contain their backpacks, lunch boxes, etc. while they are not using them.
We will do our best to provide individual supplies to each child and limit activities that may prevent distancing; however, students will be in a classroom combined with other students from different cohorts than they are with during the rest of the school day. Because of the nature of our program, it is impossible to keep the children apart at all times. We will wear face coverings when distancing is not possible, provide hand sanitizer in each room, and encourage the children to wash their hands regularly.
We will also be changing our pick-up routine. Parents will be required to use the regular carpool lane at the front of the building and will be asked to wait in their car and dial the After Care phone 919-523-3635. Your child will be brought to your car.
While After Care may look a little different than in the past, we are excited that we can be together again on campus. Beyond your child feeling safe in our care, we want them to continue to feel known, valued, and loved!