Annual Fund FAQs
Why should I give to the Annual Fund?
Giving to the Annual Fund allows GRACE to sustain and expand our vision and mission. In line with independent school best practices, GRACE works from a break-even operating budget—meaning to keep our tuition costs as low as possible for our families, we do not build in extra funds to tuition costs that allow us to dramatically grow programs and improve facilities.
This is why the GRACE Annual Fund is so critical to our growth and success as a school. Our Annual Fund enables us to expand and improve our campus community without impacting our operating budget. Additionally, when applying for outside financial support and grants, these constituents request information about giving within the school. High levels of Annual Fund participation on behalf of our families, staff, and board demonstrate a deep commitment to the mission of the school and increase the likelihood of receiving additional funding from external sources.
What have Annual Funds gone toward in the past?
The Annual Fund has made a huge impact on school improvement and facilities. Here is what last year's Annual Funds were used for:
- 58 iPads, Tripods, and Swivls for Virtual Learners
- Upper Campus Patio Expansion and Furniture
- Playground Equipment and Shade
- Kindergarten Classroom Upfits
- Lower Campus Bathrooms (Year 3)
- Nurse's Office and Health Rooms
- Basketball Goal Pads and Grand Slam Fencing
- Clorox 360 Machines, Scissor Lift and Storage Container
- Conference Room 70" TV and Wood Blinds
- Tables and Teacher Cart
To see previous Annual Fund purchases, see the PDF in the right sidebar.
How will donations to the 2020-2021 Annual Fund be used?
The Annual Fund is not only the mechanism that allows GRACE to respond to unexpected issues as they arise, but it also provides much-needed funds to go toward school improvements and additions.
For 2020-2021, we would like to use Annual Fund contributions toward projects such as:
- Lower Campus Classroom Upfits and Expansion
- Upper Campus Weight Room and Changing Areas
- Outdoor Classroom and Campus Beautification
- Retaining Wall and Parking Lot Improvements
- Student Center Permanent Shade and Shelter
- Interactive Boards for Classrooms
- New Class and Program Initiatives
- Science Greenhouse
- Upper Campus Gaga Ball Pit
- Outdoor Seating for Staff/Faculty
Will my child benefit from Annual Fund contributions?
Absolutely! Every GRACE student – from TK to our seniors – has greatly benefited from the generosity of Annual Fund giving.
For perspective, the Annual Fund has produced:
- an Admissions Office to welcome and attract prospective families
- an Athletics Practice Field (thanks to the assistance of the GRACE Eagles Boosters)
- upgraded Restrooms and Flooring on the Lower Campus
- new Library Furniture for both Upper and Lower Campus
- the creation of the Sixth-Grade “Lounge”
- upgraded Security Cameras and Systems
- and much more!
Is my gift tax-deductible?
Yes. All gifts to GRACE Christian School are tax-deductible, as permitted by law. At the end of the year, GRACE will generate an acknowledgment letter stating your giving amounts, which can be used as documentation when filing your taxes.
How much should I give?
Our goal is that for GRACE’s Annual Fund, we can proudly say: All Families, All In. Whether you can give $50 or $50,000, each and every gift from a GRACE family is celebrated with equal joy.
Can my gifts be matched?
Many companies generously offer charitable gift matching for their employees. Matching donations or gifts are free money that many nonprofits often miss out on because of limited information from donors’ employers, complex corporate giving programs, and the process itself is usually unknown for employees. Check below to see if your company participates in charitable gift matching.
I still have some questions.
No problem! We would love to talk with you more about giving to the Annual Fund. Please contact Michele Bandy at MBandy@gracechristian.net to set up a meeting to learn more about opportunities for giving back to GRACE.