Thank you to the many parent volunteers that transported and worked alongside our high school staff and students for our 2019 Community Service Day. Nearly 300 staff, student, and parent volunteers spent last Wednesday working for a variety of community-based ministries as part of our annual service day. Meanwhile, back on campus, 7th grade students packed over 10,000 meals with Rise Against Hunger and helped GRACE cross the 100,000 meals packed threshold.
The Spring Daze Arts & Crafts Festival in Cary, NC has opportunities for high schoolers to receive community service hours.
The Spring Daze Arts & Crafts Festival is a signature event of the Town of Cary. Nestled under the shady canopy of Bond Park, Spring Daze features over 170 North Carolina artists, entertainment on four stages, delicious festival food, and Cary’s annual Earth Day Celebration. Spring Daze features the best of North Carolina’s diverse arts and crafts community. This year, the festival has volunteer opportunities on Friday, April 26, 2019 and Saturday, April 27, 2019 in a variety of positions and time slots.
High schoolers ages 16+ are invited to sign-up independently. If there are any service clubs or organizations that have members who are age 15 or younger, we have a handful of positions for group volunteering with adult volunteers present to chaperone.
The link to sign up for can be found here. If any students or club advisors have questions about volunteering, they can contact Deirdre Lewis, Outdoor Arts Events Program Assistant with the Town of Cary at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (919) 462-3847.
GRACE high school students are invited to earn community service hours by volunteering as a server at the annual Red Rose Benefit. This dinner and silent auction is a fundraiser for the Ruth Sheets Adult Care Center which provides day care for frail, senior adults.
- Where: Edenton Street United Methodist Church at 228 W. Edenton Street in downtown Raleigh (across from the round Clarion Hotel). Parking is available for Volunteers.
- When: Saturday, February 23, 2019 from 3:30-9:30pm (Student volunteers will be served pizza)
- Duties: Student volunteers will help serve hor ‘doevres, dinner, and clean up afterward
- What to Wear: Student volunteers should wear white collared shirt/blouse with black pants
Interested students should contact Peter Cotter at 919-218-5029 or email@example.com to sign up.
All GRACE women (and their non-GRACE friends) are invited to Field of Rubies, a fun night of food, fellowship, vendor booths and fashion. Support our lady entrepreneurs as they showcase their gifts and talents.
There will be goods and services for sale. All proceeds go directly to the business owners. A catered buffet will be provided at no additional charge.
The night will wrap up with a fabulous fashion show sponsored by Pink Magnolia Boutique, Thrift to Gift and others. Go home with some wonderful door prizes and gift baskets. This is a free event, however, you must have a ticket to attend. Sign up today!
On behalf of the Junior Class, thank you for everyone who donated food and disaster relief supplies this morning! The GRACE bus was packed with your contributions and the Food Bank was grateful for all the items we donated.
Students age 16 and up are invited to Volunteer with Hope Connection at Duke Home Football Games. Contact Ms. Barkett at DBarkett@GRACEChristian.net for more details about serving and for community service credit.
Aloha! The second annual Football Season Opener Tailgate Bash will begin Friday, September 7th at 5:30pm at the GRACE Athletic Field. Have fun enjoying your GRACE family before taking in our first home football game (kick-off is 7:00pm)
This family fun event features food trucks, Kona Ice, a blow up obstacle course, limbo, a photo booth, beach volleyball, cornhole, prizes for the fan with the most Hawaiian spirit, and complementary leis for the first 400 guests.
Volunteers are needed to help make this event a success. Community service hours will be given to high school students who volunteer.
To receive credit for hours served, students must submit a Community Service Form to the office for each organization they are serving. Repetitive service for the same organization (weekly volunteering) may be listed on one form with appropriate dates and hours noted and should be submitted in a timely manner.
To check on the number of hours your student has accumulated, access ParentsWeb (our district code is GRACE-NC), click on Family Information, the student’s name, and then Service Hours to see the list of hours recorded for both school-sponsored community service days, and additional service hours submitted to the office.
For record keeping purposes, community service hours for a given year begins June 1 and runs through May 31st of each year. Therefore, students entering the 9th grade can start earning their service hours the summer before 9th grade begins.
The Miracle League of the Triangle has ongoing opportunities for students 12 years old and older to serve throughout the spring and summer. To sign up for a shift, just click here and enter your volunteer account login information.
If you are a first time volunteer, please read through the information below so you are up to date on the guidelines and activities of the Miracle League of the Triangle.
- All “first-time” volunteers must attend a buddy training once before going onto the field. Buddy Training takes place BEFORE every shift so please ARRIVE 15 MINUTES EARLY for your shift.
- ALL Volunteers please check in at Volunteer Registration before each shift. If you have a regularly assigned player to assist or are a registered team buddy please continue to check at Volunteer Registration each game.
- Cell phones, IPODs, pagers, food, gum, and drinks are not allowed on the field or in the dugouts.
- No pets please. Only identifiable service animals are allowed.
- If you are coming to the field as a part of a volunteer group for a shift do NOT sign up on line. Only sign-up online if you are coming independently.
- If you are going to be specific player’s buddy all season you must request that player online at least 24 hours before the game. Please be sure to hit the “Volunteer for Games” button on the last screen to complete the process.
- For the safety of everyone on the field, only volunteers age of 12 yrs. and older will be allowed on the field.