GRACE is pleased to partner with parents in the education of their children. Parents are encouraged to be involved in their child’s education and the school’s ministry. GRACE encourages and supports parental involvement in classroom activities. They often assist in classrooms, help organize and chaperone field trips and special activities, and host class parties.
The Parent Teacher Fellowship (PTF) at GRACE is organized to support the instructional program and to provide opportunities for parent involvement. Parents provide encouragement to faculty and staff through teacher appreciation events. PTF committees provide parents with opportunities to become involved in the school in the areas of their respective interests and expertise. The various committees work together to promote fellowship & unity throughout GRACE. PTF also partners with administration to provide school wide education events for parents. The PTF motto of “partners working together for our children” reflects the spirit of cooperation that exists between the school and home.
GRACE PTF Officers 2017-2018
GRACE PTF Committees & Committee Heads 2018-2019
Please contact the committee chairmen listed below if you would like to help:
- Care Team: Offers extra support to our families (e.g., new baby, loss of family member, deployed spouse, illness). We are respectful of confidential requests.The Care Team is lead by Allison Pittari, Melanie Marley, Emily Arledge, and Jordan Pietz. Submit a request via the online Care Team Request Form. All requests are confidential.
- Christmas Cookie Exchange: Organizes a cookie exchange for our faculty and staff in the month of December. Led by Lisa Knox Rose and Stephanie Clarke.
- Christmas Store: Organizes the GRACE Christmas store where elementary students TK-5 buy Christmas presents for mom and dad. Parent volunteers are needed to help staff the store. Led by
- by Lisa Knox Rose.
- Family Fellowship (TK-6th): Organizes TK-6 GRACE student and family fellowship events (Cold Stone, Back to School Events, Family Fellowship Game Nights, etc.) throughout the school year. open position
- Family Fellowship (7th-8th): Organizes GRACE middle school fellowship events (Defy Gravity Overnighter, ziplining, etc.) throughout the school year. open position
- Fundraiser Committee (GoPlaySave): Organizes the sale of the GoPlaySave books, whose proceeds benefit GRACE PTF and the school. Led by Leah Donovan and Holly Armstrong.
- Hospitality Committee: Coordinates teacher/staff back-to-school and appreciation lunches throughout the school year. Led by Caroline Barnhill, Kendall Withers, Sara Petronella, and Malinda Hain.
- Intellectual Capital / Google Docs: Manages all google docs (committee notes, forms, documents, etc.) for PTF committees. Led by Trudy Hewitt.
- Lower Campus Room Parent Coordinator: Leads and supports the classroom room parents as they, in turn, provide support for the teachers, parents, and students throughout the year. Led by Led by Beth Marks and Tina Hairr. For more information on the responsibilities of a Room Parent, read Lower Campus Room Parent Responsibilities.
- Men of GRACE: Offers GRACE dads opportunities for fellowship and service projects within our school. Led by Greg Robinson.
- New Family Welcome: Welcomes new families to GRACE. Also organizes special events where new families can connect with both current and new GRACE families. Led by Justine Woodworth and Poppy Mathew.
- Prayer Committee: Leads weekly prayer meetings to pray for our school. Led by Kelly Malcinski (lower campus) and Lorie Ritterskamp (upper campus).
- Special Events Organizer: Led by Caryn Hess and Amy Sirhal.
- Special Programs Coordinator: Led by Linda Alicea.
- Spirit Night Coordinator: Plans family dining events at local restaurants. In turn, GRACE receives a percentage of the sales. Led by Megan Lisiecki and Jenn Bynum.
- Traffic Controller / After Care Appreciation: Led by Sara Garrett.
- Upper Campus Grade Level Coordinator: Leads and supports the Upper Campus grade level parents as the provide organizational support for the teachers, parents and students throughout the year. Led by Angie Armstrong
- Upper Campus “We Love You Wednesdays” (WLYW) Coordinator: Organizes special “We Love You Wednesday” celebrations in appreciation of GRACE teachers and staff. Led by LeAnne Olive, Cindy Bradley, and Cindilee Thorne.