GRACE is pleased to partner with parents in the education of their children. Parents are encouraged to be involved in their child’s education and the school’s ministry. GRACE encourages and supports parental involvement in classroom activities. They often assist in classrooms, help organize and chaperone field trips and special activities, and host class parties.
The Parent Teacher Fellowship (PTF) at GRACE is organized to support the instructional program and to provide opportunities for parent involvement. Parents provide encouragement to faculty and staff through teacher appreciation events. PTF committees provide parents with opportunities to become involved in the school in the areas of their respective interests and expertise. The various committees work together to promote fellowship & unity throughout GRACE. PTF also partners with administration to provide school wide education events for parents. The PTF motto of “partners working together for our children” reflects the spirit of cooperation that exists between the school and home.
GRACE PTF Officers 2014-2015
- President, LeAnne Olive
- Vice President – K6 Raleigh Campus, Sherry Braswell
- Vice President – 7-12 Crossroads Campus, Lisa Ciancarelli
- Treasurer, Cindy Bradley
- Secretary, Dawn Mendez
GRACE PTF Committees & Committee Heads 2014-2015
Please contact the committee chairmen listed below if you would like to help:
- Care Team: Offers extra support to our families (e.g., new baby, loss of family member, deployed spouse, illness). We are respectful of confidential requests. K6 Raleigh Campus Care Team led by Heather Kinrade, 7-12 Crossroads Campus Care Team led by Martha Corregan and Georgi Murray.
- Christmas Cookies: Organizes a cookie exchange for our faculty and staff in the month of December. Led by Stacy Rank.
- Christmas Store Committee: Organizes the GRACE Christmas store where elementary students TK-5 buy Christmas presents for mom and dad. Parent volunteers are needed to help facilitate the store. Led by Stacy Rank.
- Communications Committee: Responsible for advertising PTF events (Events, Webpage, Photos). Led by Jaclyn Parker and Robin Pittman.
- Family Fellowship (TK-6): Organizes TK-6 GRACE student and family fellowship events (Cold Stone, Back to School Bash, etc.) throughout the school year. Led by Holly Armstrong and Renee Taylor.
- Family Fellowship (7-8): Organizes GRACE middle school fellowship events (Defy Gravity, ziplining, etc.) throughout the school year. Led by Lisa Michaelsen.
- GoPlaySave Fundraiser Committee: Organizes the sale of the GoPlaySave books, whose proceeds benefit GRACE PTF and the school. Led by Stacy Rank
- Hospitality Committee: Coordinates teacher/staff back-to-school and appreciation lunches throughout the school year. Led by Cindy Bagwell, Maryellen Kist and Kate Mitchell.
- Men of GRACE: Offers GRACE dads opportunities for fellowship and service projects within our school. Led by Greg Robinson.
- New Family Welcome: Welcomes new families to GRACE. Also organizes special events where new families can connect with both current and new GRACE families. Elementary Welcome led by Lauren Raymer and Erika Stewart. Middle/High School Welcome led by Karen Harrison.
- Prayer Committee: Leads weekly prayer meetings to pray for our school. Led by Laurie Shoulars.
- Room Parent Coordinator (TK-6): Leads and supports the room parents at GRACE as they, in turn, provide organizational support for the teachers, parents, and students throughout the year. Led by Kathleen Huggins.
- Grade Parent/”We Love You Wednesdays” (WLYW) Coordinator (7-12): Leads and supports the grade level parents as they, in turn, provide organizational support for the teachers, parents, and students throughout the year. Organizes special “We Love You Wednesday” celebrations in appreciation of GRACE teachers and staff. Led by Hannah Meeson, Nicole O’Brien, Sarah Perkins, and Madelyn Youngelman.
- Spirit Restaurant Night Coordinator: Plans family dining events at local restaurants. In turn, GRACE receives a percentage of the sales. Led by Shauntae White