Each year on the Upper Campus, students in grades 7-12 participate in a Club Fair. In advance of the club fair, all students are encouraged to come up with an idea for a club. After gaining administration approval and a faculty sponsor, students are able to promote their club at the club fair.
The following is the list of student clubs that met during the 2016-2017 school year. The list of clubs for 2017-2018 will be posted after the club fair.
2016-2017 Upper Campus Student Clubs
- Art Club: Build community and create fun artistic projects together. Meets Wednesdays in the Art Room. See Mrs. Walters for more information.
- Bible Studies: Led by student chaplains. See Mr. Whelpley, Chris Scro or Daniel Jagt for more information.
- Chemistry Club: See Mrs. Bomgardner for information when and where the chemistry club meets.
- Chess Club: Learn to play chess, get more experienced, compete against other chess players. Meets bi-weekly on Wednesdays. See Mr. Whelpley for more details.
- Community Service Club: Ms. Barkett is the faculty sponsor for this club that meets once a month on Wednesdays after school.
- Dance Team: Meets bi-weekly on Thursdays in the dance studio. Talk to senior Hayden Hughes for more information.
- Fan Club: The fan club mobilizes to support events throughout the GRACE community. Look for emails on how you can be part of fan club events at home sporting events. See juniors Mitchell Haughee and Noble Brantley for information.
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes: Challenges student athletes to use the powerful medium of athletics to impact the world for Jesus Christ. Meets once a month on Wednesdays in the Chapel. See Coach Terris for more details.
- Frisbee Golf Club: Meet with Mr. Bookman on half days after dismissal to play frisbee golf.
- Gardening Club: Dr. Smitley is the faculty advisor for this club. See him for details on meeting dates and times.
- Habitat for Humanity Club: Dr. Pibl oversees this club and can provide you with additional details on their next project.
- Jam Session Club: Meet Fridays at 3:20 in Room 141 and join Mrs. Bomgardner for a jam session.
- HS Latin Club: Fun creative outlet for students to show their talents and interest in Latin with possible NCJCL submissions. See Dr. Inman if interested. Meets bi-weekly on Wednesdays after school.
- Math Club: To encourage students to explore and enjoy math. Meets bi-weekly on Wednesdays after school in Mrs. Stone’s classroom.
- MS Book Club: See Mr. O’Brien or Caroline Wingerd if you are interested in being a part of the middle school book club.
- National Honor Society: Membership in NHS is by invitation based on academic and character qualifications (Cumulative 3.5 GPA and above).
- Newspaper Club: If you want to be a part of producing a student newspaper, see Mrs. Foxworth-O’Brien for details. Club meets bi-weekly after school on Wednesdays in her classroom.
- Photography Club: This club meets every other week in Room 201 on Wednesdays after school and is led by Mrs. Warlick, a professional photographer. See Hagan Quinto (student) for more information.
- Politics & History Club: Offers high school students an open forum for political discussion. The club will follow and discusses current events. Meets bi-weekly on Tuesdays in Mr. Bookman’s room.
- Stock Market Club: See senior Zach Bosco if you are interested in being part of the stock market club. Meeting day, time and location to be determined.