GRACE Student Council provides leadership for many school-wide activities and events. Representatives are elected in grades 3-12. Officers are elected from middle and high school.
Lower Campus (TK-6) Student Council
Student Council for the Lower Campus is comprised of representatives (who are elected from each third through sixth grade homeroom) and officers (president, vice-president, secretary, and chaplain). Sixth grade students hold all officer positions. The TK-6 Student Council is responsible for leading pledges and prayer each morning on the public address system and in special chapels and assemblies. The Student Council meets weekly and leads community outreach and mission projects for the kindergarten through sixth grade students. They also operate the School Store.
2017-2018 Lower Campus Student Council
- Co-Presidents:Caleb Hickman and Caroline Raymer
- Vice President: Elle Robinson
- Secretary:Lucy Coppedge
- Chaplain: Katie Murray
- 3rd Grade Representatives: to be voted in the fall
- 4th Grade Representatives: to be voted in the fall
- 5th Grade Representatives: to be voted in the fall
- 6th Grade Representatives: to be voted in the fall
Upper Campus (7-12) Student Council
On the Upper Campus, high school students must demonstrate strong leadership skills in order to run for elections. They must have a clear testimony of their faith, and have a strong desire to work for their school community. They are interviewed before they are considered for each position. Then they are elected by popular vote, based on their campaign. They are required to deliver speeches in front of their peers. They are held to a high level of conduct both in their personal lives as well as their academic achievement. The executive council meets monthly to discuss events and current student issues. They also meet with the head of school periodically, in order to communicate concerns or ideas with the administration.
Student Council sponsors the school’s annual participation in Samaritan’s Purse, the Students Against Hunger Food Drive, and other school-wide service projects. They also organize a September dance, and a Homecoming formal event. In addition, they help build school spirit by implementing activities such as spirit week (Homecoming) and class pride color days. Each year, the executive council will choose an organization or ministry to “adopt” for the entire school year.
2017-2018 Upper Campus Student Council
- President: Noble Brantley
- Vice President: Mitchell Haughee
- Chaplain: Daniel Jagt
- Secretary: Katherine Matthes
- Treasurer: Russell Burns
- Events Coordinators: Molly Church & Maggie Royce
- Sergeant at Arms: Keenan Baker
- Club Coordinator: Trek Thorne
- 12th Grade Class Reps: Olivia Grace Horan & Micah King
- 11th Grade Class Reps: Tolu Doherty & Lauren Meeson
- 10th Grade Class Reps: Landon Lauffer & Samantha Saenz
- 9th Grade Class Reps: Hannah Morris & Kaden Sigmon
- 8th Grade Class Reps: Eden Wright & Bradley Obusek
- 7th Grade Class Reps: Leah Hartsfield & Landon Wheeler