GRACE Student Council provides leadership for many school-wide activities and events. Representatives are elected in grades 3-12. Officers are elected from middle and high school.
Lower Campus (TK-6) Student Council
Student Council for the Lower Campus is comprised of representatives (who are elected from each third through sixth grade homeroom) and officers (president, vice-president, secretary, and chaplain). Sixth grade students hold all officer positions. The TK-6 Student Council is responsible for leading pledges and prayer each morning on the public address system and in special chapels and assemblies. The Student Council meets weekly and leads community outreach and mission projects for the kindergarten through sixth grade students. They also operate the School Store.
2018-2019 Lower Campus Student Council
- Presidents: Sage Collier
- Vice President: Ava Jenkins
- Secretary: Aubrey Lodholz
- Chaplain: Kate McKinley
Upper Campus (7-12) Student Council
On the Upper Campus, high school students must demonstrate strong leadership skills in order to run for elections. They must have a clear testimony of their faith, and have a strong desire to work for their school community. They are interviewed before they are considered for each position. Then they are elected by popular vote, based on their campaign. They are required to deliver speeches in front of their peers. They are held to a high level of conduct both in their personal lives as well as their academic achievement. The executive council meets monthly to discuss events and current student issues. They also meet with the head of school periodically, in order to communicate concerns or ideas with the administration.
Student Council sponsors the school’s annual participation in Samaritan’s Purse, the Students Against Hunger Food Drive, and other school-wide service projects. They also organize a September dance, and a Homecoming formal event. In addition, they help build school spirit by implementing activities such as spirit week (Homecoming) and class pride color days. Each year, the executive council will choose an organization or ministry to “adopt” for the entire school year.
- Application for Student Council Class Representative
- Application for Student Council Executive Position
2020-2021 Upper Campus Student Council (takes office in April, 2020)
Executive Student Council
- President – Grayson Farless
- Vice President – Keenan Baker
- Secretary – Kristina Pattison
- Treasurer – Lily Lauffer
- Event Coordinators – Amelia Bradley & Cynthia Sanchez-Diaz
- Club Coordinators – Ire Debayo-Doherty & Jacob Taylor
- Sergeants at Arms – Bradley Obusek
- Rising 8th Grade – Sage Collier & Cole Schafer
- Rising 9th Grade – Elle Robinson
- Rising 10th Grade – Walker Blount & Payton Chapman
- Rising 11th Grade – Davis Blount & Ash Fields
- Rising 12th Grade – Nathaniel Grieci & Andrew James