Summer Camp Counselor
The Summer Camp Counselor is responsible for planning, leading, and implementing games, Bible Study, and experiences for children attending camp. They will also be responsible for the general safety, development, and spiritual growth of the participants throughout each day. At GRACE our mission is to inspire our students to impact their world for Christ and through Summer Camp we hope to continue to cultivate that mission.
- Help plan and write a weekly schedule for adventure camp each week
- Organize and lead a variety of activities each week. Activities may include games, crafts, Bible Study, songs, opening and closing ceremonies, swimming, and bus rides
- Identify and respond to camper behavior issues
- Ensure that the camp area is kept clean and organized.
- Communicate with parents about camper’s experiences and report concerns to Camp Director
- Assist in maintaining accurate program records including incident reports, daily attendance, and permission slips.
- Know and understand all emergency procedures for camp.
- Know, enforce, and follow all safety guidelines associated with the camp and program areas. This includes but is not limited to being responsible for your campers’ safety and their whereabouts at all times.
- Education classes or experience in camp, youth programs, recreation, working with children, or in a related field.
- Ability to lead, plan, organize, and implement program activities.
- Ability to work as a member of a team and the ability to accomplish tasks with little direct supervision.
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Must have the physical ability to lead and participate in camp activities which include, but are not limited to, swimming, sports, field trips, bounce houses, and activities.
- Active membership in an evangelical church
- Commitment to GRACE Statement of Faith
- Must be a high school graduate.
- Must be available for 40 hours per week for 6 weeks
To be considered for employment in the GRACE Christian School Summer Camp program, all applicants are subject to the GRACE Background Check Policy and must submit an online application for employment.
For additional questions, email the camp director, Brittany Oxendine at email@example.com.