Annual Fund FAQs
Why should I give to the Annual Fund?
Giving to the Annual Fund allows GRACE to sustain and expand our vision and mission. In line with independent school best practices, GRACE works from a break-even operating budget—meaning to keep our tuition costs as low as possible for our families, we do not build in extra funds to tuition costs that allow us to dramatically grow programs and improve facilities.
This is why the GRACE Annual Fund is so critical to our growth and success as a school. Our Annual Fund enables us to expand and improve our campus community without impacting our operating budget. Additionally, when applying for outside financial support and grants, these constituents request information about giving within the school. High levels of Annual Fund participation on behalf of our families, staff, and board demonstrate a deep commitment to the mission of the school and increase the likelihood of receiving additional funding from external sources.
What have Annual Funds gone toward in the past?
The Annual Fund has made a huge impact on school improvement and facilities. Here is what last year's Annual Funds were used for:
- Lower Campus 1st Grade Classroom Upfit, Seatback Chair Holders, Kidney Tables, TK Tables, and Chairs
- Lower Campus 8 - 75" Smart TVs
- Lower Campus Bathrooms - Year 5 (last year)
- Lower Campus Playground Fencing, Picnic Tables, and Benches
- Clevertouch IMPACT
- Upper Campus Stone Planters and Solar Lights
- Activity Building
- PE Changing Room, Cubbies, and Weight Room Renovations
- Athletic Field Fencing, Goal Post, Light Post Pads, and Deposit for Entrance Improvements
- Band Instruments
- 20x iPad Bluetooth Keyboards
- Friendzy SEL Program and Teacher Guides
- All School Bus
To see previous Annual Fund purchases, see the PDF in the right sidebar.
How will donations to the 2022-2023 Annual Fund be used?
The Annual Fund is not only the mechanism that allows GRACE to respond to unexpected issues as they arise, but it also provides much-needed funds to go toward school improvements and additions.
For 2022-2023, we would like to use Annual Fund contributions toward projects such as:
- Security - Security Initiative to Upgrade Door Management System, Add Exterior Cameras, and License Plate Reader
- Lower Campus - Outdoor Classroom Picnic Tables and Garden Beautification, Retaining Wall and Parking Lot Improvements
- Upper Campus - Parking Lot Improvements and Beautification, Student Center Permanent Shade and Shelter, and PE Equipment Upgrades and Outdoor Activity Areas
- Spiritual Life - Biblical Worldview Training for Teachers and Parents
- Athletics - Athletic Field Improvements such as Turf Resurface, Entrance Beautification, Security, Water/Sewage Improvements, Field Accessibility, Changing Shelter, Equipment Storage, and Upgrade Press Box
- Fine Arts - Band Equipment and Sound Panels for the Band Room
- Technology - Computer Updates for Upper Campus and Glowforge 3D laser printer
- Transportation - 14 Passenger Bus and Utility Cart
Will my child benefit from Annual Fund contributions?
Absolutely! Every GRACE student – from TK to our seniors – has greatly benefited from the generosity of Annual Fund giving.
For perspective, the Annual Fund has produced:
- an Activity Building and PE Changing Room on Upper Camps
- an Athletics Practice Field (thanks to the assistance of the GRACE Eagles Boosters)
- upgraded Restrooms and Flooring on the Lower Campus
- new Library Furniture for both Upper and Lower Campus
- the creation of the Sixth-Grade “Lounge”
- upgraded Security Cameras and Systems
- Band Instruments
- SEL (social-emotional learning) Curriculum
- and much more!
Is my gift tax-deductible?
Yes. All gifts to GRACE Christian School are tax-deductible, as permitted by law. At the end of the year, GRACE will generate an acknowledgment letter stating your giving amounts, which can be used as documentation when filing your taxes.
How much should I give?
Our goal is that for GRACE’s Annual Fund, we can proudly say: All Families, All In. Whether you can give $50 or $50,000, each and every gift from a GRACE family is celebrated with equal joy.
Can my gifts be matched?
Many companies generously offer charitable gift matching for their employees. Matching donations or gifts are free money that many nonprofits often miss out on because of limited information from donors’ employers, complex corporate giving programs, and the process itself is usually unknown for employees. Check below to see if your company participates in charitable gift matching.
I still have some questions.
No problem! We would love to talk with you more about giving to the Annual Fund. Please contact Michele Bandy at [email protected] to set up a meeting to learn more about opportunities for giving back to GRACE.