Before & After Care
Sign-up for Before/After School Care is now open.
Aftercare for Lower Campus (grades TK-6th) will be directed by Mrs. Margie Propes. Upper Campus (grades 7-12th) will be directed by Cindilee Thorne.
If you need to contact Aftercare between 3-6 pm, please call:
Lower Campus Aftercare number: 919-523-3635
Upper Campus Aftercare number: 919-230-6599
Aftercare is available beginning August 21, 2023 through May 24, 2024 when school is in session, on early dismissal days, and on teacher in-service days, except as noted below:
Parents can drop off their students at 7:40am. From 7:40 a.m. to 7:55 a.m., students will report to the Martin Gymnasium. Students dropped off after 7:55 a.m. will proceed to their classroom.
Aftercare Hours and Schedule:
Lower Campus: Regular Days: 3:00 - 6:00 pm
Upper Campus: Regular Days 3:30 - 6:00 pm
Early Dismissal Days: 11:45 am - 6:00 pm
Teacher In-Service Days: 7:30 am - 6:00 pm
**Aftercare will NOT be available for ALL grades during the first week of school (August 16-18, 2023) as those are 1/2 days, and regular school pick-up at 11:45 am is required.**
- August 16-18 (Early dismissal days; regular school pick-up is required at 11:45 am)
- September 4
- October 23
- November 10
- November 20 - 24
- December 20 - January 3
- January 15
- February 16 & 19
- March 25 - April 1
- All days where School is closed and not in session: Holidays or Vacation Days
Aftercare Fees and Billing:
Monthly Aftercare Fee:
- 3 Days / Week: monthly payment = $215 + Registration Fee
- 5 Days / Week: monthly payment = $315 + Registration Fee
All Aftercare charges will be billed in full month increments.
All parents arriving after 6:00 PM will incur a charge of $20 per child, and an additional fee of $1 per minute will be charged for any time a student remains at school beyond 6:20. Please be respectful of our Aftercare employees' time.
- Lower Campus Policy: If you choose 3 Days/Week and exceed those days in any given week, you will be billed at the 5 Days/Week rate for that month. The Lower Campus does not offer a Daily Drop-In option, you must be registered for the 3 or 5 day program.
- Upper Campus Policy: If you choose 3 Days/Week and exceed those days in any given week, you will be billed a $20 drop-in day charge per additional day.
- $25.00/student - On or before July 31, 2023
- $50.00/student - Starting August 1, 2023
- Registration fee will be charged at time of sign up and is non-refundable.
Monthly payments are made from September 2023 - May 2024 through your Blackbaud Tuition Management account. The monthly Aftercare cost will be added to your student’s monthly tuition cost and paid in one total monthly payment.
Aftercare Withdrawal Policy
In an effort to maintain proper staffing, only one un-enrollment and re-enrollment will be allowed per school year. If re-enrolling after unenrolling, you will be financially responsible for the remainder of the school year.
For un-enrollment from Aftercare, you will be financially responsible for the whole month of the date of withdrawal.
Aftercare Policies Lower Campus (TK-6th):
- Homework: Our aftercare coordinators do their best to schedule a quiet time and place each day for homework. We cannot guarantee homework will be done by the time you pick your child up, but we will encourage your child to work on their assignments.
- Sickness: If a student becomes ill during aftercare, they must be picked up when an aftercare coordinator calls you. The same sick policy that applies to the school day also applies to aftercare.
- Snacks: Please make sure you pack your child an extra snack and water bottle each day, in a separate bag, just for aftercare.
- Pick-Up: Please pull up to the front entrance and call the aftercare Number 919-523-3635. Your Student will be brought to your car at the front entrance.
- Late Fee: Parents of students who are not picked up by 6:00 PM will incur a charge of $20 per child, and an additional fee of $1 per minute will be charged for any time a student remains at school beyond 6:20 PM. Please be respectful of our aftercare employees' time.
- Half-Days: aftercare will be available on most early dismissal days (11:45 am-6 pm).
- Daily Drop-In: There is NO Daily Drop-In option for the Lower Campus at any time.
Aftercare Policies Upper Campus (7th-12th)
- Upper Campus allows a Daily drop in to Aftercare for all families’ convenience. There is no need to register, just use it as needs come up. At GRACE we know life can be chaotic and we hope this service is a blessing to you. (There is a $20 charge per day for all stays over 15 minutes)
- Regular School Days: Aftercare on the Upper Campus is available from 3:30-6pm. Students should be signed in by 3:30pm.
- Homework: Each student should come to Aftercare prepared to work quietly and hang out. We will encourage your child to work on their assignments, but students are free to use their time as they wish. Please discuss with your student what your expectations are. Students are allowed to be on electronic devices including phones/video games, as long as the content is GRACE appropriate.
- Sickness: If a student becomes ill during Aftercare, they must be picked up when an aftercare coordinator calls you. The same sick policy that applies to the school day also applies to Aftercare.
- Snacks: Please make sure your student packs an extra snack for Aftercare each day, along with their water bottle.
- Late Fee: Parents of students who are not picked up by 6:00 PM will incur a charge of $20 per child, and an additional fee of $1 per minute will be charged for any time a student remains at school beyond 6:20 PM. Please be respectful of our Aftercare employees' time.
- Half Days: Aftercare is only available (11:55am-6:00pm) for those students who are registered for the 3- or 5-day program. (Please note: The Daily Drop-In rate is NOT available for early dismissal days.)
- Daily Drop-In: There will be a $20.00 fee per day per student for Daily Drop-In use. (The Daily Drop-In rate is NOT available for early dismissal days.)
Aftercare Parent Agreement:
I understand that I am registering my child for Aftercare. I have indicated my choice for the number of days and understand that my account will be charged for the registration fee. I have reviewed and agreed to the Aftercare Schedule and Financial Responsibility information listed. I understand that the monthly Aftercare cost will be added to my student’s monthly tuition cost and paid in one total monthly payment. I understand that my agreement to comply with the stipulations of the GRACE Statement of Cooperation will also pertain to the GRACE Aftercare program.