GRACE Student Council provides leadership for many school-wide activities and events. Representatives are elected in Grades 3-12. Officers are elected from middle and high school.
Lower Campus (TK-6) Student Council
*Due to COVID concerns and logistics, there will not be a Lower Campus Student Council for the 2020-2021 school year. Instead, 6th Grade students who have chosen to take a leadership class as their elective will be fulfilling the roles and activities normally conducted by the Student Council.*
Student Council for the Lower Campus is comprised of representatives (elected from each 3rd-6th Grade homeroom) and officers (president, vice-president, secretary, and chaplain). 6th Grade students hold all officer positions. The LC Student Council is responsible for leading pledges and prayer each morning on the public address system and in special chapels and assemblies. They meet weekly and lead community outreach and mission projects for the Kindergarten-6th Grade students. They also operate the School Store.
Upper Campus (7-12) Student Council
On the Upper Campus, high school students must demonstrate strong leadership skills in order to run for elections. They must have a clear testimony of their faith and a strong desire to work for their school community. They are interviewed before they are considered for each position. They then are elected by popular vote, based on their campaign in which they are required to deliver speeches in front of their peers. They are held to a high level of conduct, both in their personal lives as well as their academic achievement. Student Council meets weekly to discuss events and current student issues. They also meet with the head of school or principal periodically, in order to communicate concerns or ideas with the administration.
Student Council sponsors school-wide service projects. They also organize class events and a Homecoming dance. In addition, they help build school spirit by implementing activities such as spirit week (Homecoming) and coordinating the decoration of a Homecoming parade float for each grade level.
2020-2021 Upper Campus Student Council
(takes office in April)
Executive Student Council
- President – Grayson Farless
- Vice President – Keenan Baker
- Secretary – Kristina Pattison
- Treasurer – Lily Lauffer
- Event Coordinators – Amelia Bradley & Cynthia Sanchez-Diaz
- Club Coordinators – Ire Debayo-Doherty & Jacob Taylor
- Sergeant at Arms - Bradley Obusek
- Sergeant at Arms in Training – David Griffith
- Chaplains – Levi Thorne, Stefon McLeod, Kaden Sigmon, & Elizabeth Herring
- 7th Grade – Hudson Baker & Kynndai Morris
- 8th Grade – Sage Collier & Cole Schafer
- 9th Grade – Elle Robinson & Campbell Baker
- 10th Grade – Walker Blount & Payton Chapman
- 11th Grade – Davis Blount & Ash Fields
- 12th Grade – Nathaniel Grieci & Andrew James